· 1 scoop of whey protein
· 1/4 cup egg whites from a carton + 2-3 tablespoons or more of water for a thinner consistency
· 1-2 tablespoons (about 20 grams) mashed banana or pumpkin purée from a can
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice
· 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Heat waffle iron.
2. Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl, until batter is free from most clumps. Add as much water as needed to get a waffle batter consistency. The batter should be pourable, but not super thin.
3. Once waffle iron is heated, spray top and bottom of iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter over bottom iron. Natural non-stick cooking sprays do not work well in this recipe because this waffle tends to stick easily. Use the back of your spoon to spread the batter evenly over the iron.
4. When waffle iron goes off, transfer waffle to a plate and top with your favorites. Serve immediately or store in a covered container to reheat and enjoy later.
Top with sugar free syrup or jam. Add fruit for garnish.