With butternut squash, shaved brussel sprouts and pomegranate seeds.
This Autumn Chopped Salad is filled with some of the best seasonal flavors, including butternut squash, pumpkin seeds and brussel sprouts, all tossed together with a tangy apple cider vinaigrette. It’s the perfect blend of texture and flavor that will quickly become a fall favorite in the kitchen all season long!
- 6oz grilled chicken breast
- 1 lb cubed butternut squash
- 1 lb shredded brussels sprouts
- 4 medium shallots
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Option to add feta or goat cheese
THE APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and ground black pepper
THE ROASTED VEGETABLES
- Preheat the over to 400F. Place the cubed squash on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Spray or drizzle half of the oil on the squash. Toss to coat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- In the meantime, peel and slice the shallots into quarters. Place them alongside the shredded brussels sprouts on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Spray or drizzle the rest of the oil on the shallots and brussels sprouts and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until just starting to brown.